The Real Value of Chamber Membership
A national study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives with support from Small Business Network Inc. and Market Street (A part of The Shapiro Group Inc.) revealed that positive perception increases among consumers and other business owners when a business is identified as a member of their local chamber of commerce. This study was able to determine the real value for businesses – in terms of consumer outcomes – of joining and being active in their local chamber of commerce.
Benefits of Membership Include:
Involvement & Advocacy
Representing businesses and employees in the greater Pomona area, the Chamber serves as your voice. We engage in dialogue with local government representatives and actively pursue communication with elected leaders for the purpose of supporting and promoting business.
Grand Openings/Ribbon Cuttings
Let the Chamber help you celebrate your grand opening and other special milestones at no extra cost. Business leaders and local officials will be invited to your special event, providing you with a large network of connections and potential customers.
Advertising of your organization’s events and promotions in our bi-monthly e-newsletter, social media channels, and website is provided at no extra cost! Utilize our network of local businesses and community leaders to promote your event.
Online Membership Directory Listing
We provide your organization with a listing and link to your website in our online directory at www.pomonachamber.org.
Monthly Networking Referral Luncheons
Promote your business to key stakeholders and other business owners by attending our monthly luncheons. Network and build long-lasting relationships that will foster synergy and possible business partnerships with those in and out of your industry.
Networking & Events
More than 30 networking opportunities will be available each year, from our monthly luncheons, to workshops and events. The Chamber provides an opportunity for you to participate in several committees including: Legislative Affairs, Education/Employment & Training Task Force, Membership, Ambassadors, Public Relations, Resource Development, and Networking & Events.
The Pomona Chamber builds a bridge between education and local employers. We are continually working together with our partners to strengthen the workforce and quality of life in our city through promoting the ongoing efforts of educational organizations in our community. The Chamber actively pursues goals that facilitate and invest in an educated workforce for future employers and employees.
Need information on starting or expanding a business? Financial assistance? The Chamber can help you with your needs by providing information and resources on a variety of business related topics/issues. Let us be your most valuable resource!
Additional Chamber services (additional fees may be required)
- Certificate of Origin
The survey results found that:
Do consumers really support businesses because they are chamber members?
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better than its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
Impact on Small Businesses: What a Local Chamber of Commerce Membership Shows Consumers:
- 59% of consumers say that you’re showing people about your company
- 63% of consumers say that you’re showing you are involved in the community
- 64% of consumers say that you’re showing that you care about consumers
- 69% of consumers say that you’re showing that you have a good reputation
- 70% of consumers say that you’re showing that you use good business practices