Saying that 2020 has been rocky would be an understatement. As this unprecedented year comes to an end, it’s time to take a closer look at the trends that every small business should consider in 2021.
According to a report by IBM, the pandemic has accelerated the development of e-commerce by five years. This trend will carry over into 2021, so be sure to offer to your customers what they’re looking for: a convenient, seamless e-commerce experience. These are some ideas to help you take advantage of this trend:
- Make your website mobile-friendly
- Offer alternative payment options
- Optimize your content (product descriptions, photographs)
- Streamline the checkout process
2. Virtual Services
The pandemic generated a need for virtual services that consumers can enjoy from home. This type of businesses will continue to be in high demand in 2021. The list includes cyber-security, at-home fitness, gaming, and home delivery. If your business offers this type of service, it’s a good idea to promote it vigorously in 2021. On the other hand, if you are planning to start a business next year, these fields offer interesting alternatives for entrepreneurship.
3. An Emphasis on the Local Community
The pandemic exposed the fragility of supply chains and the importance of a strong local customer base. In 2021, these insights will translate into a greater emphasis on the local aspect of business, including:
- More social media interactions with customers
- Increased importance of online reviews
- Greater community involvement
- Local-focused digital marketing strategies (email marketing, local SEO)
- More localized manufacturing and selling
More Tips and Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has upended our work habits in unexpected ways. These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas to deal with the challenges of the “new normal.”
- Beware of this scam during the holidays
- 3 Ways to help your team overcome the holiday blues
- 4 Ideas for entrepreneurs to take it easy as parents
- How to conduct successful webinars
- Adapt to new consumer trends with these ideas and tools
At the Pomona Chamber of Commerce, our mission is to keep you up to date with the most relevant developments in business management and administration so you and your company can take advantage of new opportunities. Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) telephone (909-622-1256), social media, or click on this link to join and start enjoying the benefits of membership today.