Returning to in-person interactions after several months of working from home can be challenging. Here are some tips to help you through the transition.
Some Tips for Returning to In-Person Interactions
If getting used to remote work is complex, the same can be said about returning to in-person interactions.
No doubt, there are some hurdles to clear on the way back to the “old normal.” However, organization and patience can make things a lot easier.
- Your ability to use and read body language may be a little rusty. Give yourself time to get used to it again. While it may feel a little frustrating at first, you’ll get the hang of it in a couple of days.
- Chances are that you haven’t used your professional attire in a while. If you are having a professional in-person interaction after a long time, set aside a couple of hours the night before to get organized and make sure you have everything you need.
- When talking with someone, minimize distractions, be it physical or mental. Put aside your phone or mobile device and focus on the conversation. Look the other person in the eye and ask questions when appropriate.
- Have a plan ready in case you feel anxious or overwhelmed as you return to in-person interactions. Some ideas include focusing on your breath, feeling the ground underneath your feet, and having a place (for example a bathroom or office) where you can be alone for a couple of minutes if necessary.
More Tips and Ideas
From returning to the office after the pandemic to the right structure for your business and everything in between, these are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas on how to lead with confidence:
- 3 Easy, low cost strategies to get your business noticed online
- Tips to win the war for talent
- How to use social media to grow your career
- 3 Tips to prevent and address employee burnout
At the Pomona Chamber of Commerce, our mission is to keep you up to date with the most relevant developments in business management and administration so you and your company can take advantage of new opportunities. Contact us by email (email@example.com) telephone (909-622-1256), social media, or click on this link to join and start enjoying the benefits of membership today.